Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review: Indefensible

This book was sent to me by the publisher for review.indefensiable

This book is a Legal Thriller. I used to read these all the time when I was younger, and if there is one thing I like about them is that they are very plot driven. A blessing when you have hit a reading slump and need the plot to move along to keep your attention.

A women is killed and her ex-husband is the prime suspect. There are a lot of stories with this theme but this book manages to have a slightly  different take on it. For the first part of the book I was sure I knew who the killer was but then there is a nice plot twist thrown in that keeps the book interesting.

This is the second book in a series. I haven't read the first book “ Damaged”. While this book can be read as a stand a long there are references to earlier happenings which make the reader curious as to what exactly went on in the first book. The characters also have a history in the first book that may help the reader make sense of the relationships that are in the second book. For example in “Indefensible” we see two characters not liking each other and the description of why refers back to the second book.

The characters were well fleshed out. Everything that happened was believable.The author made you care what happened. The book was good at invoking emotion and pulling you into the story. Since the book was heavily plot driven there was not a lot of background and explaining how the characters would feel. That was accomplished through the characters actions.

Over all I liked this story. At times I wished I had read the first book first but that may just be my extreme need for order speaking. I did feel like I was missing some information however by not reading the first book. I would recommend reading “Damaged” then “Indefensible

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...