Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review:Squirrel Seeks Chipmunks

seeks chipmunks

From Goodreads:

Featuring David Sedaris's unique blend of hilarity and heart, this new collection of keen-eyed animal-themed tales is an utter delight. Though the characters may not be human, the situations in these stories bear an uncanny resemblance to the insanity of everyday life.

In "The Toad, the Turtle, and the Duck," three strangers commiserate about animal bureaucracy while waiting in a complaint line. In "Hello Kitty," a cynical feline struggles to sit through his prison-mandated AA meetings. In "The Squirrel and the Chipmunk," a pair of star-crossed lovers is separated by prejudiced family members.

My review: I got this from the library because I loved David Sedris older work. I was unaware that this was a collection of convoluted fairy tales. I was a bit disappointed if only because it was different than what I  originally anticipated.

Once I got into the stories though I could see how the related to his older work. Those familiar with his previous stories will be able to pin point what he is referring to in this book.

As long as you don’t go in expecting his usual stories about his life and prepare yourself for a sort of fairy tales you should like this book.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...