Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Sunday Salon

TSSbadge2

 

It has been a while since I did I Sunday Salon. Not much has happened. My classes take up most of my time but I am experimenting with a new schedule so that I have time for everything I want to do. We shall see how it goes.

I read A Happiness Project last year and I have it on hold at the library for a re read. I have decided that starting this month (March 1 ) that I will do my own happiness project. I will be talking about it on my tumblr (click here).

I have recently become fascinated with the topic of creativity and of course happiness so I checked out some books on those topics.  I am not un happy but sometimes I feel I get so caught up in the day to day life that I miss out on the larger picture. My friends have told me to make goals but I am not sure what kind of goals I should make in order to enrich the day to day life. I have overall goals like obtaining my PH.D but other than that I am not sure. Have you ever made happiness goals and if so what were they?

I have started to use Penzu to journal stuff. I read The Artist Way last year and the author recommended that you write 750 words as morning pages every day. I find when I do that I do find solutions to things that were within me. It also helps to get it all out then I can focus on what I need to focus on.

It is a bit strange that the books I read last year are just now making me want to implement change. Maybe that is how it works for me I need to let an idea percolate in my brain for a while before I act up on it.

I hope everyone has a happy Sunday and a good week. After church I will be curled up on this grey day with a book and a good cup of coffee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...