Monday, February 20, 2012

Review: Eat That Frog

A book Review of eat that frog
The legendary Eat That Frog! (more than 450,000 copies sold and translated into 23 languages) provides the 21 most effective methods for conquering procrastination and accomplishing more. This new edition is revised and updated throughout, and includes brand new information on how to keep technology from dominating our time.
I was reading through Google Reader when I came upon Unfinished Person’s blog. He talked about this book and I thought I need to learn how to manage my time. Between Grad school and my hobbies I feel that there is not enough time in the day. So I promptly requested this book from the library.
It was interesting. Brain Tracey the author says to do the most pressing thing first. To”eat the ugliest and biggest frog” then do other things. I have to admit that I tend to do the opposite. I procrastinate until I have no choice then I feel stressed out by my perceived lack of time. Once I followed his advice and broke down what I was actually doing I found that I wasted a  lot of time on Facebook and online. So From now on I am going to do the most pressing things first then if I have time to do other less pressing things.
This book is recommended for people who want to learn how to better manage their time.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...